About Bobb Biehl
Helping a leader like you clearly define and reach your dreams is what I enjoy most. Bottom line: I’m an executive mentor.
Since 1976, I’ve consulted personally with over 500 senior executives. (See client testimonials below and elsewhere across this site.) In that time, I’ve met one-to-one with over 5,000 executives (board members, senior executives, and staff members) and invested an estimated 50,000 hours in private sessions with some of the finest leaders of our generation.
Over 99 percent of my clients found me by word of mouth. They have fallen into four basic categories:
- Large or fast-growing churches.
- Nonprofit organizations.
- For-profit corporations.
- Government agencies (occasionally).
A Few of My Clients
Based on these thousands of hours of practical “rubber-meets-the-runway” experience, I have created over 50 tools (books, tapes, notebooks) in the area of personal and organizational development. These resources include the following published books:
- Boardroom Confidence (Eighth printing)
- Decade by Decade (Fifth printing)
- Dreaming Big! (First printing)
- How to get ENGAGED — Dating Questions (Third printing)
- Leading With Confidence (Eighth printing)
- Leadership Insights (First printing)
- Memories (Fourth printing)
- Mentoring (Fourth printing)
- Mid-Life Storm (First printing)
- On My Own (Fourth printing)
- Stop Setting Goals (Third Printing)
- Strategic Planning (Seventh printing)
- Why You Do What You Do (Fifth printing)
Prior to starting Masterplanning Group in 1976, I was on the executive team at World Vision International. While at World Vision I designed and developed the Love Loaf program. You may have had one in your home or church. The Love Loaf has now raised millions of dollars worldwide.
One of the joys of my life has been serving on boards of directors. For over 25 years I was on the board of Jesus People International, with Duane Pederson. For 31 years I was on the board of Focus on the Family with Dr. James C. Dobson and Jim Daly. And for seven years I served on the board of a publically traded corporation. As I’m sure you can imagine, those 63 years of boardroom experience have taught me many valuable lessons — which I share freely with a leader like you in my consulting practice.
Public speaking with organizations such as the ones listed below is part of my year as well:
- Alliance Defending Freedom — Arizona
- Bethel College (commencement address) — Indiana
- Convene — California
- European Leadership Forum / Forum on Christian Leadership — Europe
- Focus on the Family — Colorado
- Greater Orlando Leadership Foundation – Florida
- His Deal – Seattle, Washington
- Regent University — Virginia
- State Policy Network– Virginia
“I feel fifty percent more effective for Christ and, for the rest of my life, will have a greater impact because of Bobb Biehl’s counsel and insight.”
Author and speaker
I grew up in Mancelona, Michigan, a very small village of approximately 800 residents near Traverse City. From 1960 to 1963, I attended Bethel College in Mishawaka, Indiana; in 1964, I transferred to Michigan State University for my bachelor’s degree in psychology. I stayed and earned my master’s degree in counseling from Michigan State in 1966.
Cheryl Kimbel and I were married in 1964. We live in Scottsdale, Arizona, and have two adult children, three grandchildren, and four great-grandchildren.
It’s amazing how time flies … Wouldn’t you agree?